stories with colour, shade, shape and line.
- to wood’s natural grain for inspiration.
- through his collection of wood for pieces that talk to him.
- to convey a relationship between colours and emotions.
- wood canvases as sites of emotional exploration.
- combinations of colours to reimagine the wood grain and make its story his own.
- shade, shape and line to express narratives he feels but cannot convey in words.
- a diploma in photography and is a self-taught painter and printmaker.
- a keen eye for colour and form.
- participated in two dozen group exhibitions in South Africa and online, including the inaugural Latitude Art Fair in 2019.
- been a finalist for the prestigious Cassirer Welz award.
- a residency at the August House Studios in Johannesburg.