dedication, discipline, patience, and maybe slight obsession.
- the juxtaposition of big imagery through small marks.
- her process to be slow, therapeutic and meditative.
- to see labour in an artwork.
- pain, long days and, occasionally, boredom.
- people to feel something.
- to see things through.
- a bit of sanctuary.
- memories of growing up in her mother’s art class room.
- studied at the Ruth Prowse School of Fine Art.
- participated in numerous group exhibitions and art fairs in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Paris.
- had solo exhibitions at the Smith Gallery in Cape Town, the Rochester Museum of Fine Art in New York, and Nuweland in Amsterdam.
For full CV of shows look here.