sunlight and architecture, shadow and shape.
- moments in time, but expresses them over time.
- light as it falls onto a particular surface, on a given day, at a specific time.
- what she observes via quick notes, sketches or photographs, then translates that into oil, in a process that turns minutes into months.
- to stretch time and distort space.
- order in the intricate and permanence in the changeable.
- to capture the elusive, document the temporary, fix the fleeting.
- herself astounded by the different light quality in Cape Town and Warsaw.
- a space between the abstract and specific, north and south, dark and light.
- lived in Cape Town since 2015, when she moved from her native Poland.
- a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design and Visual Communication from the Warsaw Academy of Fine Arts.
- participated in several group shows in Cape Town.
- had a solo exhibition, OKNO, at Cape Town’s THK Gallery in 2023.