not send out aggressive rays of sight.
- in letting a picture work on you.
- in your, the viewer’s participation when confronted with her work, and allowing the encounter to evolve.
- that “we must all create our own meaning” sensorially, mentally and physically.
- an MFA in Installation from KASK, Gent, Belgium.
- participated in group exhibitions locally and in Belgium, including ‘Vibrations Off’ at Kristof de Clercq Gallery along with Honore d’O and Manfredo Schu.
- had several solo shows at SMITH in Cape Town, as well as in Johannesburg and in her studio.
- featured in the Zeitz MOCAA exhibition, ‘Still Here Tomorrow to High Five You Yesterday’.
- work in the permanent collection of the Nirox Sculpture Foundation.
More about Katharien here.
“I often imagine myself to be a ball of velcro rolling through time.”