curious like a child (and about childhood).
- and calls to her inner child.
- time reading and drawing at the local library, and exploring Huberta the Hippopotamus (her favourite statue) at the local museum.
- patterns from old curtains and duvets.
- her interest in psychology and the way early experiences shape our adult understanding.
- visual expression where the verbal kind fails.
- both whimsy and darkness in her work.
- lines and light as faces and cities.
- mundane daily objects as a peek into another reality.
- the effect that colour, form and shape have on our psyches.
- completed studies in Early Childhood Development and worked as a Montessori teacher.
- lived in Parow and Paarl, the Eastern Cape and Asia.
- been influenced by Mary Oliver’s poetry, Tennessee Williams’ stories, and the colour green, among others.
- exhibited work in nearly a dozen places as near and far as Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Franschhoek, Hermanus and Hanoi.
- a cat called Luna