to mix it up
- art with science, exploring the properties of light and chemical structure.
- reason with wonder.
- perspex, paper, ceramics, hand-woven textiles and other materials to produce delicate collages.
- a BFA and MFA from the University of Cape Town, both with distinction.
- taught as a visiting lecturer at Michaelis School of Fine Art, UCT and the University of Stellenbosch.
- work included in major collections throughout South Africa, Europe and USA.
- participated in group shows in South Africa, USA, Austria, London, Holland and Denmark.
- held solo shows internationally, at Galerie Maria Lund in Paris and Toomey Tourell Gallery in San Francisco, to name a few.
- exhibited locally at Goodman Gallery, WHATIFTHEWORLD, Joao Ferreira and Gallery Momo.
- represented South Africa at the 54th Venice Biennale in 2011.
- won a merit award in the ABSA Atelier, received a Vermont Studio Centre grant, and participated in residencies at both the Vermont Studio Centre and The Frans Masereel Centre in Belgium.
For a full CV of shows look here.