what he is drawn to.
- on his architectural training for his artistic articulations.
- a body of documentarian snapshots of buildings at a moment in time.
- and breaks and experiments and learns with different materials, and loves being covered in paint, sawdust, concrete splats…
- the way built environments hold meaning, and the way that meaning fluctuates over time.
- how built environments serve as a latent register of the past when more impermanent artifacts have been relegated or destroyed.
- the way space and light evoke emotion.
- that “painting is a primordial practice that seems more part of being human than almost anything else.”
- that “art is deployed best as a series of uncertain ruminations rather than directly stated propositions.”
- that “a coat of workshop filth is the proudest uniform.”
- Bachelor’s degrees in architecture from the University of Pretoria, and a Master’s degree in architecture from the University of Cape Town.
- participated in more than a dozen group exhibitions throughout South Africa.
- produced many public projects across South Africa.
- won several awards for design, art and digital media.