to piece together memories of home.
- moving house a lot – over 30 times in 28 years.
- being evicted constantly from houses her mom couldn’t afford.
- continuing to move even when she left home, simply out of habit.
- collages out of other people’s discarded family photographs, collected at antique stores and markets.
- new memories of childhood using scenes of houses, pets and possessions.
- artworks by tearing and cutting these domestic scenes, then putting them back together.
- a degree from the Michaelis School of Fine Art at the University of Cape Town.
- participated in several group shows, exhibiting photography, collage, video and print.
- the distinction of having been awarded the prestigious Tierney Fellowship in 2015.
- exhibited with the Third Dot in Mauritius, SMAC gallery, SMITH and Zeitz MOCAA.
- had a solo booth at the Investec Cape Town Art Fair.
Relevant article here.