himself as a languid photographer, which is at odds with his intricate process.
- not to force things, and to let time go by.
- photographing on the fly, without planning or setting up.
- building a personal archive of random images, then choosing from it to create artworks.
- experimenting with new ways of using old, analogue photographic processes and materials, some of which date back to the 19th century.
- working with fractions of a negative, collecting disjointed prints, hand processing, and collaging.
- the look of flowers, water, handmade ceramics, shadow and light.
- known he was going to be an artist since he was 9.
- slowly become more and more obsessed with photography.
- a Master's degree in Visual Arts from The University of Stellenbosch.
- participated in various group shows, including with SMAC in Stellenbosch, SMITH in Cape Town and No End Contemporary in Johannesburg.
- presented a solo exhibition titled Showing Skin at WHATIFTHEWORLD in Cape Town.