some uncomfortable truths.
- on his diverse upbringing in both the rural Eastern Cape and the privileged Cape Winelands.
- depictions of the traumatic encounters and isolation experienced by black students in white, Eurocentric, middle class schools.
- on themes of race and racism, oppression and assimilation, colonialism and apartheid, as well as ideas surrounding black identity, culture, and socialisation.
- been a keen drawer since he was a young boy.
- pursued art seriously since he chose it as a high school subject.
- a BA in Visual Arts from Stellenbosch University, where he is currently pursuing an MA.